Australia. Destination. Education.
Canberra, Australia: A City Designed for Discovery
Nestled between Melbourne and Sydney, Canberra is not just the political capital of Australia but also a hub of history, culture, and natural beauty. A city designed by architects, its modern layout interspersed with parks, lakes, and iconic monuments invites exploration and discovery.
Parliament House: A marvel of modern architecture, the Parliament House offers a glimpse into the nation’s political process. When in session, you can even watch the country’s leaders debate.
Australian War Memorial: A poignant tribute to the nation’s military history, this museum and memorial is an essential visit.
National Gallery of Australia: Home to an impressive collection of indigenous and contemporary art, this gallery is a feast for the eyes.
Canberra offers an enlightening journey through Australia’s rich history and vibrant culture. Discover the heart of the nation in this architecturally splendid city.
State Australian Capital Territory
Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
Weather Climate: Canberra experiences a dry continental climate with hot summers and cold winters.
Major Airport: Canberra Airport
- From Sydney by flight: Approx. 1 hour
- From Melbourne by flight: Approx. 1 hour 10 minutes
- From Brisbane by flight: Approx. 1 hour 45 minutes
- From Perth by flight: Approx. 4 hours 30 minutes
- From Adelaide by flight: Approx. 1 hour 45 minutes
- From Hobart by flight: Approx. 1 hour 40 minutes
- From Darwin by flight: Approx. 4 hours 20 minutes
Major Train Station: Canberra Railway Station
Time from Sydney by train: Approx. 4 hours
- From Sydney by car: Approx. 3 hours 30 minutes
- From Melbourne by car: Approx. 6 hours 45 minutes
- From Brisbane by car: Approx. 12 hours
- From Perth by car: Approx. 40 hours
- From Adelaide by car: Approx. 11 hours 30 minutes
- From Hobart by car: Approx. 14 hours (including ferry)
- From Darwin by car: Approx. 34 hours
Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
TEL: +61 (0) 2 9267 8655
FAX: +61 (0) 2 9261 4361
Toll Free: 1300 307 077 (Australia Only)
Suite 205, Level 2, 2 Grosvenor Street Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
PO Box 1287, Sydney NSW 2001