Australia. Destination. Education.
Hobart, Australia: Gateway to Tasmanian Wonders
Perched on Tasmania’s southeastern coast, Hobart is a charming harbor city that promises a unique blend of heritage, scenic landscapes, and cultural vibrancy. Its rich colonial past, vibrant arts scene, and proximity to pristine wilderness make it a must-visit Australian destination.
Salamanca Place: Wander the historic warehouses that now host galleries, theaters, and craft shops. Don’t miss the iconic Salamanca Market on Saturdays.
Mount Wellington: Ascend to the summit for panoramic views of Hobart, Bruny Island, and beyond.
Museum of Old and New Art (MONA): This avant-garde museum challenges conventions and offers a unique contemporary art experience.
Hobart, with its maritime soul and artistic heart, serves as the perfect starting point for Tasmanian adventures, filled with stories waiting to be discovered.
Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
Weather Climate: Oceanic climate; cool to mild temperatures year-round with occasional snowfall in winter.
Major Airport: Hobart International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approx. 1h 15m
- From Sydney: Approx. 1h 50m
- From Brisbane: Approx. 2h 40m
- From Adelaide: Approx. 2h 10m
- From Canberra: Approx. 1h 40m
- From Darwin: Approx. 6h 30m (with a stopover)
- From Gold Coast: Approx. 2h 25m
- From Perth: Approx. 4h 40m
- From Melbourne: Approx. 10h (includes ferry time)
- From Sydney: Approx. 20h (includes ferry time)
- From Brisbane: Approx. 28h (includes ferry time)
- From Adelaide: Approx. 24h (includes ferry time)
- From Canberra: Approx. 16h (includes ferry time)
- From Darwin: Approx. 60h (includes ferry time)
- From Gold Coast: Approx. 26h (includes ferry time)
- From Perth: Approx. 45h (includes ferry time)
Time Zone: Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) during daylight saving; Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) otherwise.
Major Train Station: Hobart does not have a major train station as there are no passenger rail services.
TEL: +61 (0) 2 9267 8655
FAX: +61 (0) 2 9261 4361
Toll Free: 1300 307 077 (Australia Only)
Suite 205, Level 2, 2 Grosvenor Street Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
PO Box 1287, Sydney NSW 2001