Australia. Destination. Education.
Launceston, Australia: Tasmania’s Northern Gem
Nestled at the head of the Tamar Valley, Launceston, Tasmania’s second-largest city, beautifully harmonizes its colonial heritage with natural splendors. Its graceful architecture, coupled with the draw of Cataract Gorge close to its heart, make Launceston an enchanting stop on a Tasmanian journey.
Cataract Gorge: A mere 15 minutes from the city center, this natural wonder boasts walking trails, panoramic lookouts, and the world’s longest single-span chairlift.
City Park: Delight in the meticulously maintained park in the heart of the city. Don’t miss the Japanese macaque monkeys!
Tamar Valley Wine Route: Embrace the local viticulture by exploring vineyards and wineries that line the Tamar River, producing some of Australia’s finest cool-climate wines.
From its Victorian-era parks and vibrant cultural scene to the nearby vineyards, Launceston provides an invigorating blend of history and natural beauty, waiting to be savored.
Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
Weather Climate: Temperate maritime climate, with mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers.
Major Airport: Launceston Airport
- From Melbourne: Approx. 1h 10m
- From Sydney: Approx. 1h 45m
- From Brisbane: Approx. 2h 35m
- From Adelaide: Approx. 2h 5m
- From Canberra: Approx. 1h 35m
- From Darwin: Approx. 6h 20m (with a stopover)
- From Gold Coast: Approx. 2h 20m
- From Perth: Approx. 4h 35m
- From Melbourne: Approx. 10h 30m (includes ferry time)
- From Sydney: Approx. 21h (includes ferry time)
- From Brisbane: Approx. 29h (includes ferry time)
- From Adelaide: Approx. 25h (includes ferry time)
- From Canberra: Approx. 17h (includes ferry time)
- From Darwin: Approx. 61h (includes ferry time)
- From Gold Coast: Approx. 27h (includes ferry time)
- From Perth: Approx. 46h (includes ferry time)
Time Zone: Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) during daylight saving; Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) otherwise.
Major Train Station: Launceston does not have a major train station as there are no passenger rail services.
TEL: +61 (0) 2 9267 8655
FAX: +61 (0) 2 9261 4361
Toll Free: 1300 307 077 (Australia Only)
Suite 205, Level 2, 2 Grosvenor Street Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
PO Box 1287, Sydney NSW 2001